Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No power to sockets

I have three sockets that have no power to them. The breaker box is not marked very well as far as what sockets are tied to what breaker.

I have pulled a few sockets to check connections and have found nothing yet. I hope one lose wire will fix all three sockets.

Is this the right process or, is there anyway to shorten this process?

Thanks
    Hookerp

Yep, that sounds right but the problem will be in the first outlet in the string that does NOT work OR it will be in the LAST one that does work.... the problem could also be up in a light fixture in the room or even in the back of a switch box depending on how the place is wired... I would start by looking in the receptacles first..
    let us know what you find
    A.D

Comment

You did not mention what room this is in. If is is a garage, kitchen, or bathroom all those receptacle could be fed by one GFCI device located in a different room. Check the test/reset buttons on all GFCI devices you have.

Comment

I know the lines are not always run in a logical order so the feeder could come from any point in the house. I pulled the closet switch outside of the room and did feed something else, but it was not the sockets I need. It statred raining while I was there. So I did not get to check the outside socket. That is the next trip over.

Two sockets are in two different bathrooms and one is out side. The sockets in the bath rooms are not GFCI's. I did not thinkg bout looking in the kitchen for one.

This is goint to be a long process. I'll let you know when I find it.
        Thanks

Comment

My bet is still with a gfi plug. All of these plugs are in "wet" locations and are all probably linked to the same circuit. Just because there is not a "reset" switch in each of these locations does not mean that they are not gfi's, all there has to be is one "reset" in the circuit for it to be.

Have you changed your filter this month?

Brandon
          - Have you changed your filter this month? -

Comment

It is fix!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            There was a bathroom off the master bedroom I did not know about.

I found it funny there was on GFCI in any of the wet loactions. Next time I'll make sure I know about all the rooms.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
            X
            =