Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dayton Generator

I have a Dayton 2800W generator that runs great, but only provides 110V. There are two 110V and two 220V outlets. How do I set up the wiring for it to generate the 220 desired? The info:
    Dayton 3W178D Type RF-28 23.3/11.7A 3600RPM Continous
    Serial: K1300X S.S.9825
    And.....what does the S.S. stand for?

Well, I know from past experience that if the 220 windings are NOT there, you can't hitch ut up for 220! I used to work on gensets when I worked for a guy in keeseville ny. The sets he had were dual voltage but they had switches for changing the load outlets to 220. I looked into the grainger site but can't even find a 2.8Kw unit/

Comment

Rats.

Comment

Thanks, anyway, HayZee518....

Comment

Take a look at the wiring on the 110 outlet. if there's two wires on each side of the outlet, maybe you can series up the wiring. I'm thinking there is a parallel winding on the stator - two 110 windings - just like a transformer you can series up or parallel wiring for different outputs. transformer wiring has say four leads marked x1 x2 x3 x4. for 220 volts x2 & x3 are taped together. for 110 volts using all four wires, x1 & x3 go together and x2 & x4 go together,

Comment

Thaniks, HayZee. I'll check that.....

Comment

Working...
            X
            =