Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to use flex conduit

I'm totaly rewiring my 1924 480 SF (thats right it's VERY small) home and I'm confused about whee to use flex metal conduit. I have a large crawl space 4 feet from the ground under the entire house and plenty of room to manuver. I have my electric water heater in the crawl and running much of my wiring under the house in the crawl space, but I'm also running much of the wiring over the yop in my loft/attic space.

My question is do I have to use flex metal conduit at all? What are the criteria for using it?

I greatly appreciate any help!

Thanks!

My understanding is that flex is used where it would be difficult or impractical to use rigid conduit. As far as I know, in a home, simple romex will do. So I don't think you will need the flex.

Where did you think it might should go?

Comment

I was thinking it was used as addtional insulation to protect heavy gauge wire that is exposed (as opposed to wire that is enclosed in a wall) My house has all old knob and tube and I wonder if back then flex conduit was used for exposed wire. hmmmm

Thanks for your reply. I think your right. I bet you don't need it anymore.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =