Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanning bed HELP!!!

I bought a Montego Bay Classic 2400 tanning bed for my wife for X-mas.. When I looked at it, everything worked fine. When I got it home the bottom bulbs will not come on. The canopy bulbs are fine- but the bottom is not. If anyone knows what may be causing this let me know before my wife kills me!! LoL
    Thanx Kevin

Check to make sure the tubes are locked into their holders. If they are bi-pin they need to be rotated so they lock in. If they are single pin, one socket is spring loaded. The tubes may also be in a plastic safety shroud.

Comment

Are the lights coming on at all on the bottom? Usually if there is a bad bulb or one bulb inot in correctly, then you will still see a little light out of the other bulbs, although it will be very dim and probably flickers. If this is the case, then chances are a bulb came loose or was damaged in transport.

If this is not the case, and checking over the bulbs does not fix it, then chances are that some wiring connecting the bottom row came loose during transport and some further investigation is involved. The good news is that at least half of the bed works, so you know it has power and works. All you need to do is find the loose wire and tighten it I believe.

Comment

If the ballasts are connected in either four tube or two tube configuration you'll have to figure out which tubes are OOS. If you replace all the tubes you'll be checking out the sockets. They have either screw terminals or push in terminals. See attached diagram

Comment

Working...
        X
        =