Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electricity only on one part of the house...and...

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electricity only on one part of the house...and...

I live in an old house...I think the wiring is done on two main circuits... Every now and then (few months or so), the breakers would trip...we'd have to leave the electricity off for a few hours...then turn things on again and everything would be fine. A couple of days ago, this didn't work. My brother replaced my dryer plug a couple of weeks ago and everything was working fine. Now, after the breakers triped again, half my house (which I think is one circuit) won't work unless the dryer is running...otherwise...nothing's useable for that area.

What could be the problem and how do we fix it?

Thank you for your time and help... Be Blessed,
    April
    Providing a surprisingly human shopping experience. Trusted and secure. Millions of domains to choose from.

you say dryer is running - actually spinning or the breaker just closed? I'm still trying to figure out why the breakers would trip in the first place. Breakers are meant to trip because of a short circuit or an overload, where the thermal time delay comes into play. Is there any way you could get hold of a clamp around ammeter and actually measure the load on those circuits? would be a place to start - assuming your family member connected up the plug the right way.

Comment

Here's an update...problem solved....

I called my Uncle (he's an electritian) and he came and checked my boxes...turns out there was a wire chewed through by a critter from the electric meter to the pole. The electric guys came out and fixed it...it's now good as new!

Thanks for the help!

April

Comment

Working...
      X
      =