Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing a recessed light bulb problem

Hello-

I have two recessed light fixtures in my kitchen and both of the bulbs recently burned out. The problem is that I cannot figure out how to replace them. There is a glass/plastic cover that is held in place by two tabs (one on each side). You'd assume that you could bend the tabs back to remove the glass/plastic cover, but the tabs are so tight that that will not work. Any suggestions??? We have not had light in the kitchen for weeks and are at a loss of what to do. THANKS Here is a picture of what I am referring to:

B

| |
    |AAAAAAAAAAA|
    ---- ----

In my "picture", the B is the Bulb, the AAAAAA is the glass/plastic cover and the ---- are the tabs. I simply cannot get the cover off to access the bulb. Any suggestion/advice?????

Allan
    Last edited by AllanK; 02-22-2006, 05:25 PM.

Maybe the tabs are to be moved INWARD, to release the ends of them from a slot? Just a wild guess.

Comment

thanks for the suggestion, but the tabs cant move inward as the glass cover is in the way. i will try and take a picture to post.

Comment

The glass and metal bezel has two spring like brackets inside. If you just pull the bezel straight down you should be able to press in slightly and remove the bezel.

Comment

Thanks. What are you suggesting that I pull down on? The glass plate? The tabs themselves? I am sorry, but I am not following where the springs are located. Also, you say I then "press in slightly." What do I press in on?

I am sorry that I am being so thick here.

-Allan

Comment

Originally posted by AllanK
            thanks for the suggestion, but the tabs cant move inward as the glass cover is in the way. i will try and take a picture to post.
            It will be a lot easier to help with a picture. If you can't figure out how to upload a picture, let us know and we'll help you with it...
            Try

Comment

Thanks Troy. I'll work on a picture this weekend

Comment

Working...
              X
              =