Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing a range hood with a microwave

I would like to replace my range hood with a microwave. According to my breaker box, the range hood is connected to it's own 20 amp circuit, but it's hardwired versus having a plug. Can I use the wiring on the range hood to install an outlet in the cabinet above?

I don't see any reason why that wouldn't work. It's nice that you have a dedicated circuit. When I installed my microwave, I used an existing circuit that had lights on it. Everytime the Microwave cycled up, the lights would dim. I eventually ran a new line. I didn't install an outlet, I ran the romex directly to the microwave with enough wire to allow for taking it down.

Comment

I agree, you can use the dedicated 20 amp circuit for your microwave. Install a receptacle in the cabinet so you can plug it in, try to install it on the same side of the cabinet that the cords of the microwave is on.

And hardwiring the microwave in is NOT an option. dcdude you should really reinstall your cord and install a receptacle in the wall to plug it into. You've altered the manufacturers design and this not only voids your warranty it's also against code.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =