Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home run question

I am replacing two ceiling lights with recessed "eyeball" type lights. The instructions on the new lights state: " Do not through wire; rated for end of run only. If more than one fixture is used, wire to separate j-box (home run) then send separate wires to each light." I have full access as the wiring is in an unfinished attic.

The existing lights were through wired (first light has romex from the switch, romex from 1st light, and romex leading to the 2nd light. I initially assumed the correct way to do the installation was to mount a junction box, run the Romex from the switch into box, as well as separate wires from each of the two lights, then using wire nuts make the "like-to-like" connections, and attach a cover to the box. Thought I'd better get advice before I complete the install. Thanks much for your help. Nickmont

Its probably a good Idea to follow the directions. the fixture may have the integral J box to close to the fixture for proper venting.
    Illegitimas non-carborundum

Comment

So the way I described the install above is correct?

As a new home owner, I have little experience in electrical tasks, but am ready and willing to learn! Thanks for your input...

Comment

That is the way I understand it. I think you have it right...

Originally posted by Nickmont
        I am replacing two ceiling lights with recessed "eyeball" type lights. The instructions on the new lights state: " Do not through wire; rated for end of run only. If more than one fixture is used, wire to separate j-box (home run) then send separate wires to each light." I have full access as the wiring is in an unfinished attic.

The existing lights were through wired (first light has romex from the switch, romex from 1st light, and romex leading to the 2nd light. I initially assumed the correct way to do the installation was to mount a junction box, run the Romex from the switch into box, as well as separate wires from each of the two lights, then using wire nuts make the "like-to-like" connections, and attach a cover to the box. Thought I'd better get advice before I complete the install. Thanks much for your help. Nickmont
        Try

Comment

Thanks Snoobyb and Troy... Will do the install tonite. I appreciate your guidance.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =