Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

were can I put wall sockets beside on the back splash???

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• were can I put wall sockets beside on the back splash???

Have a question, Is there some other place to install wall sockets besides the back splash in my kitchen??? under the cabinets themselves??? the sokets will ruin the tile backsplash I am attempting. any thoughts???????

[QUOTE=daleytwo;17938]Have a question, Is there some other place to install wall sockets besides the back splash in my kitchen??? under the cabinets themselves??? the sokets will ruin the tile backsplash I am attempting. any thoughts???????

Comment

The electrical code states that for any counterspace wider than 24 inches you need at least one outlet spaced every three foot apart above the backsplash and anything within six feet of the center of the sink needs gfci protection. Now if you want to vary from the code, call your local electrical inspector and run your question before him. [under the cabinets?] I don't know of any cabinets made that has enough room to install surface or flush outlets.

Comment

PLugmold/wiremold, is a common solution;
        Trust the industry's largest provider of end-to-end wire and cable management solutions for indoor and outdoor applications. Explore the Wiremold product line.

Trust the industry's largest provider of end-to-end wire and cable management solutions for indoor and outdoor applications. Explore the Wiremold product line.

They are mounted on the underside of the uppers.

The GFCI protection can be achieved in a couple of ways.
        In the service panel with a breaker or at the "J" box at the cabinets.

You're required to have two convenience receptacle circuits and all counter recep. are required to be GFCI protected.

Another common solution is in the end of the cabinets such as in an island or peninsulas, also required to be protected.
        Illegitimas non-carborundum

Comment

Working...
        X
        =