Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help On Lighting Installation

I'm attempting to install a low voltage bendable rail system on my living room ceiling.

After connecting the fixtures firmly and securely, 3 of the lights work and 3 don't. The bulbs are fine. I've got the fixture caps screwed on as tight as I can, and the fixture seems to be making contact with both sides of the rail.

I'm stumped, any ideas?

I went to a westinghouse "valo" site and looked at what they had. They said the power strips are embedded in the rear flat part of the track. Only thing I can come up with is that the strips didn't bend with the track and actually moved within the backing so that the fixtures coiuldn't mate up with the conductors along the bend. Bends made along the long edge would bend and not move but side bends would make the strip move within the track.

Comment

HayZee518:

This track has a copper rod embedded in the top and bottom of the track. The fixture and fixture cap is screwed on tight enough to make contact. Basically a bus bar.

Truthfully, I am royally p.o.'d. This piece of junk cost a pretty penny, and it turns out to be poorly made. Even if I can get them to take it back at the store, they're not going to refund my time and trouble.

Comment

I'm familiar with the Emerson and Lightolier type track lighting. This Westinghouse Valo light is something new I haven't encountered. The emerson and lightolier have copper bus embedded on the inner sides of the track. Putting in a fixture has two or three tabs that mate with the bus on either side. The ground is near the bottom of the track. Time and labor is something we can never make up - short of a lawsuit.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =