Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with 3 way switch

Need help with 3 way switch. I currently have a working 3 way light...power to light want to add 3 addtional lights after that juction. 12/3 run from each light. What wires do I run from 1st light to others?

Hurry wife wants ceiling closed before it gets too cold.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Gillis

I don't understand your description but it doesn't really matter.
    Simply run 2-wire from the existing light to the other lights.

Comment

check my illustrations at the beginning of this forum. I have one page of three diagrams and another one with just one on it. 12/2 0r 14/2 is what you need to daisy chain the new lights. Just wire black to black and white to white and make sure the bare ground is spliced together and grounding out the fixtures.

Comment

if you are talking about a 3 way switch, you need to look a diagram for wiring a 3-way switch, otherwise may sound like you need a 4-way.

Originally posted by Gillis View Post
        Need help with 3 way switch. I currently have a working 3 way light...power to light want to add 3 addtional lights after that juction. 12/3 run from each light. What wires do I run from 1st light to others?

Hurry wife wants ceiling closed before it gets too cold.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Gillis
        It\'s sometimes better to be lucky than smart.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =