Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 220 v wiriing

I am hooking up a new dryer but I need to run a 220 line from my breaker box to the outlet can some one tell me how to do this please so I do not kill my self lol I have a good idea how its done but I want to make sure I get it right Thank you Eddie

Dryer hookup

I have fashioned you a graphic on how to hitch up a dryer outlet & pigtail. What you'll need is a length of 10/3 with ground romex, a 3/8" romex connector, a surface mount receptacle (four wire) a double pole 30 breaker, and a four wire dryer pigtail. On the dryer terminal if there is a bonding strap from the neutral (white) wire, remove it. On the pigtail the black wire goes to one outside terminal, the red to the other outside terminal, the white to the center terminal, and the green to the green screw. On the receptacle black to outside, red to other outside, white to the nickel colored screw and the bare ground to the green screw. At the breaker panel, black and red to the two pole breaker, if you have an auxillary ground strip, the bare ground goes here and the white to the neutral bar, if no auxillary ground then both white and bare ground to the neutral bar.

Comment

Thanks

Thank you very much HayZee I Greatly Appriciate it Eddie

Comment

Working...
      X
      =