Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring New Attached Garage

I am finally putting outlets and lights in my new garage. When they build the house there is one light in the center and an outlet in the cieling refters for a garage door opener. I have several questions:
    • Is there any stipulation as to how far off the ground the wire has to be? Where do I drill in other words?
    • How far apart do the outlets have to be?
    • I have 2 blanks in my breaker box. Do I need to use them or can i just wire my 5 shop lights off of the original wiring for the one bulb? It is wired to a 15amp breaker so I would assume that it is 14g wire.
    • How many outlets can i have on one string of breakers? It is a 15amp and 14g as well.
    Fairly basic questions. I am going to the library tonight and looking up some of this stuff bt hope that someone here can answer as well.

for convenience sake in a garage the outlets can be placed 42 inches above the floor. if you plan on running a lot of power tools, consider 12 ga wire. at the most you may have two tools running at the same time. if the current draw of the combined lighting load isn't too much I'd say you're ok to run off the existing line. by the "good book" you can run as many receptacles you want in a dwelling unit, but myself I wouldn't run more than 10.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =