X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gen-set

That's it ecxactly !

Comment

yeah, the stuff the engineer made sense - sort of. I sent you a regular email. If you have yahoo IM add me to your list if you have one and we can discuss it in there.

Comment

I went to connecticut electric site - was no help. you in ct? I used to work for Northeast Utilities in Mass at Northfield

Comment

gen set

No,I'm an Illinoisan,according to the destructions you hook the red wire from each double throw circuit switch to the breaker, (fuse block) and the black wire for the cooresponding circuit to the wire that you disconnect from the circuit breaker (fuse block),with a wire nut.that way,when you turn the switch to "LINE" it comes through the transfer switch through an internal connection and out to the desired load.And the same effect when you trip the switch to the generator setting

Comment

ok if I'm reading you correctly one position is power from the power co, the other is from the gen-set. all those switches at the top of the gen panel is branch circuits NOT the whole load. Send me the pdf file

Comment

gen set

Those little switches on the top are mini breakers

Comment

I went to the Home Depot site and found the box EGS67501. Read what it said and it isn't a whole house transfer setup. Certain circuits that you pick are the only ones transfered to the genset. A part of the house feeder [the house circuit breaker] goes to the transfer switch say on an upper contact. the load [your circuit wire goes to the common terminal] and the genset goes to the other bottom terminal. Those bigger breakers {transfer breakers} are for larger circuits like a hot water tank. I wish you'd send the pdf files then I can tell you exactly how to hitch it up.

Comment

gen set

You bet,send away!,You've been a huge help already and I appreciate anything you throw my way.I realize it isnt a whole house transfer switch.I was only going to hookup the 220 for the well,one 110 circuit to the furnace fan,and the other 110 circuits to some random circuits to have a few lights throughout the house.

Comment

gen set

I emailed the PDF files to you.Its the instruction manual.It's not all that detailed but you can see how it operates by how it hooks up

Comment

OK. I got the pdf file and read the whole thing. Each circuit that you pick for use on the generator comes from the branch circuit panel (your bulldog) panel. the 220 circuit for the well is connected the same way only you are using two wires instead of one. I will do a diagram of it, your panel and sidearm and how it connects to the gen transfer and send it as an attachment in regular email.

Comment

gen set

Thanks and I appologize for taking up this much of your time but this is one of the best things I"ve came across for answering the questions that I had.

Comment

you have email! go check!

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          =