Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A grounding question

Ok I am trying to understand the proper way of connecting ground wires in a plastic box. I have a multi-gand box with 4 switches I have made the appropriate connections for all wires except the ground wires. I have read that you should join all of the ground wires and not the switches and I have also read that you should run a ground wire to each switch and finally I have read that you should connect all of the ground wires and run pigtails to each of the switches.

Thanks again for the assistance.

OK, real simple fix for this -- loop a bare wire around each of the green screws on the switch's yokes and tighten. Now take the other end [about 4 inches worth] and join and twist together with the ground wire from your feeder. your downstream loads cables bare grounds all go together with this mess of wires. also when determining box fill, all grounds = 1 each white is 1 each black is 1 each device is 1. look on a table in the NEC for box fill requirements.

Comment

easier way is to strip off about 8 inches of jacket on your load cables and bring them into your box. take a ground wire from one cable and loop it around the ground screw of the device it's serving and tighten. Do the same for the other three devices. the extra length of bare ground goes to the line cable's ground and gets spliced to it. all whites go together and the line black gets looped from one device to the other three

Comment

Working...
      X
      =