Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Electric Guru's How About Stove Pliug Wiring Conversion?

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Electric Guru's How About Stove Pliug Wiring Conversion?

Damned if I forgot how to convert a 4 pole 22o v oven to a 3 pole? Whats the skinny. Is it ground and neutral together, its been a while? I have the plug already. I don't want to go frying my Chewee tenant.

Do you mean a four wire pigtail to a three wire pigtail?

Comment

4 on the wall to three on the plug

What to do with the neutral and ground I guess the question is. That was an old stove I pulled out of there. Came with a 1984 Titan mobile home, hot point. Damned if I have ever had one last like that one did. Truth is I could have probably fixed the nasty burner but the thing was starting to rust away. Its going to have a new life as cut out replacement panels for the drafty floorboards on my 1990 Chevy. That poor stove saw more grease than a restaurant. Hillbilly woman made her own soap and uses grease for everything, yucchhhhh. I slid in there to check out that plug yesterday and ended up sitting in cat weee. Had to smell that the rest of the day, it was a long day.

Comment

simple fix -- change the four wire pigtail to a three wire pigtail. also make sure there is a ground wire between the center terminal to the stove's chassis ground. use a #8 solid or stranded wire to accomplish this. the bare ground of the pigtail goes to the center terminal, the two hots go to the outsides of the plug. inside the receptacle the two hots are on the outside and the neutral/ground are on the center terminal. I wish the manufacturers would standardize things instead of offering a user option....

Comment

Thanks,

Thats the ticket.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =