Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceiling fan repair help.

I've just purchase my first home with one ceiling fan in the bedroom. Now the remote does not respond (Dimming & Fan Control). I've tried replacing the battery for the remote and still no go. I cannot manually turn on the ceiling fan. The only thing that works is the light, on the bright setting. Is there a way to disable the remote features so I can still use the ceiling fan. Or is there a way to fix the remote function.

Last thing I remember I did before the ceiling fan/remote stopped working was replacing the light bulbs with energy saving florencent bulbs. I don't know if that broke it or my son was playing with the remote.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

The only thing that works is the light, on the bright setting.
    Last thing I remember I did before the ceiling fan/remote stopped working was replacing the light bulbs with energy saving florencent bulbs.
    the bulbs you you got are probably not dimmable.... search the net for your model number off the fan
    Is it beer thirty??

Comment

Energy saver bulbs are flourescents that do not accept dc which is what the dimmer puts out. you could have fried the controller inside the hub.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =