Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replace 9v charger with 6v adapter?

Hey guys,

Hope someone can help. I have a baby monitor that takes a 9v adapter to charge. Well I lost that power adapter, and can't find a 9v adapter around the house anywhere. I can find 5.5 and 6v adapters with the right polarity, is it safe to use those to plug into the baby monitor to charge it? I just figured it would charge a little slower, but I don't think I understand as well as I should. Can someone explain it to me or tell me if it's safe? Thanks!

charger....

I'd order a new from the company. You also need one with the correct milliamp rating, plus the voltage, plus the polarity. You might be able to get one at Radio Shack, but it may cost more. I just went through this with all the stuff in the house that has an adapter or charger, as they blew out because of a power spike.

Comment

Thanks mrcaptainbob for answering. I agree with you long term, I was just hoping to make it through the weekend with something around the house, I'll try to match all three, thanks again

Comment

for a standby you could also get a correct barrel plug at radio shack and connect it to a standard nine volt battery. the center prod is almost always the positive lead

Comment

Working...
        X
        =