Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Generac Generators

Anyone having problems with Generac standing behind there warranty. I've got a 20Kw Generac generator with less than 2 hours run time. It was purchased after Hurricane Katrina and I could not get a service rep to follow up. After delivering to a certified servicing dealer, I got the bad news. The brushes rotated out of the holders and took out the voltage regulator and stator. Cost to repair 1,600.00 plus 1,200.00 labor. Seems steep for a product with less than 2 hours on it. I can't ger any satisfaction from Generac or the company in Dallas ( Master Power Systems ) that I purchased it from. If anyone has had these same problems I'm thinking of a class action or product liability law suit.

E mail me at dennis@modart4u.com

I have not had this direct experience as I do not supply Generac units, but I have heard this several times and their reputation is well know for this.
    THIS is the main reason I'd NEVER provide a Generac unit.

I'll install a customer's unit if they purchase it, but I want NOTHING to do with their warranty!

Comment

Generator

Quite a few years back my wife and I were looking at the generator display at Home Depot. Generac was among the brands on display at the time. A customer and his wife sort of / kind of passed close to us and he asked if we planned on purchasing a generator. Then proceeded to expound on why NOT to purchase a Generac. An unsolicited testimonial like that was enough to convince us to not get a Generac generator. He was not angry or incoherent, just steadfast and convincing.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =