Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• base board heat ??

I have a cadet baseboard heater that dont want to come on.
    all the connections are tight. thermostats good,ground is good, heater is about 6 months old.
    I have 2 heaters on the same thermostat. and the second works fine. any one have any Ideas on what to check next?
    TAZ
    nuthing like being woken up at 12:AM to unstop some one elses toilet.

check the connections to the first heater again. Disconnect power and check continuity of the heater element.

Did you ever see OHM'S mother in LAW?...... SHOCKING!
    <i>Did you ever see OHM\'S mother in LAW?</i>...... <font color=\"red\">SHOCKING!</font id=\"red\">

Comment

quote:Originally posted by irregularjoe

check the connections to the first heater again. Disconnect power and check continuity of the heater element.

Did you ever see OHM'S mother in LAW?...... SHOCKING!
      thanks I'll try that again. the heaters are looped together on the same circit with the thermostat on the 1st controling both.if that give any other info you might be able to use to give sugestions. I'm off to check the connections and continuity again.I'll check back later.TAZ

Comment

Taz,

At the heater that does not work, check at the opposite end to where you are making your connections. You should have the two leads connected using a Marr type connector. You might want to check that this connection is good.

Good luck, Jim

'Just a handyman trying to help'

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Jimmer

Taz,

At the heater that does not work, check at the opposite end to where you are making your connections. You should have the two leads connected using a Marr type connector. You might want to check that this connection is good.

Good luck, Jim

thanks jim, I found the problem. the heater had a bad heat sencer. I replaced it and the heater works fine now. thanks joe and jim for the sugestions some times it helps to have more than one person scratching their head.TAZ

Comment

Working...
          X
          =