Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Room Outlet Not Working

Hello All,

I am new at this and would like some help if possible.

My rooms outlet does not have power. There are actually 3 outlets in this room. There are only one that works. I tried plugging in my tv on the other two and no power whatsoever.

It used to work, but now it doesnt. Does anyone know what going on here?.. Any help would greatly b appreciately.

by the way, i switch off then on, on my circuit breaker and no luck

Thanks

are the other two outlets off a wallswitch? next would be to check if any of the outlets use a backwire component. these are small holes in the back of receptacles where the wire is just puushed into. if the wire(s) are coming out they won't make contact insiode the outlet and will deaden the downstream outlets.

Comment

its weird b/c the one with the switch is the one thats working. All of the outlet used to work before now just one works.. wat should i do?..

should i take the plug apart and inspect it?..

Comment

ok, the one that's working is probably a split wired receptacle. what this means is that one side is switched, the other side is hot [or is supposed to be hot] be careful and remove the outlet from the box. the switched side may be wired off the red wire. the downstream side will be black. if this receptacle is back wired, the red will go in one hole the black will go in the other one. check to make sure this black wire is firmly inserted into the backwire hole. if you can pull on it and it comes out then strip back about 3/4" of insulation and put it under the screw [not with the red wire]

Comment

i tried taking the whole plug off and replacing with a different one and puttin all the wires back to where it matches up.. still no power..

i went to the circuit breaker and turned it on and off may times, and still no luck...

dont know what else is needed for it to work... should there be a reset button somewhere?

Comment

what wire colors are on the outlet?

Comment

ok after trying to fix this myself, the power still didnt work.. so i hired an electrician. there was nothing really wrong with the plugs.. but instead there was something with the switch by the door.. so i guess he replaced something. he said the house was old and that the stuff they used before now wears off.

so for future reference, check ur on off switch by ur door. thanks for all that tried to help me.. by the way he only charge me $100... not bad...

Comment

Working...
              X
              =