Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possibly a wiring problem?

i know a minimal amount about electrical issues, but i am stumped on this. our dryer for about 2 years (previously used) stopped working one morning. when i say stopped working i dont mean quit durring a cycle, it just wouldnt turn on one day. i checked the socket for power and figured that it just went out on the last load and it was too late for me to notice. so i replaced the dryer and the same week. the second dryer has done the same thing. i have checked the starter switch and the door sensor on both dryers and neither was the issue. i have replaced breakers and checked all the wiring. what could this be?

when you say you checked the socket, how did you check it? did you take a voltage reading across the two angled prongs? across the two legs you should get 240 volts, from either leg to the bare ground you read 120 volts.

Comment

i accualy use an old dryer i happend to have in storage to check the socket. u think the voltage may be off?

Comment

I You said you checked the wiring, but I would also turn off the power and remove the cover to the receptacle. With the power off re-tighten the screws holding the wires to the receptacle. I have seen several dryers either stop working or catch fire when these screws loosen from heating and cooling cycles. Even if this does not solve the problem it is good periodic maintenance.

Good Luck

Comment

go and buy a voltmeter. you can't troubleshoot a line or a device just by substituting another appliance and hoping it'll work.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =