Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 220 Circuit bad?

Here is the problem. I have a 220 line running off a box at the house of the house. Originally the 220 ran into a sub panel out in the shed that was connected to a 50 amp breaker. From there it was split into 1 GFI and 1 220 receptacle and several 110 outlets( it was set up like this when i bought the house last year) Up until about 2 months ago everything was fine. I ran a small air compressor (5 hp 30 gal.) for about 1 hour when it just stopped working. I thought the GFI might have tripped so i checked it. it would not reset so I replaced it... now nothing works... i have removed all circuits from the sub panel except one regular 110 to try and get something to work. I get power to an outlet hooked up directly from the subpanel but when you plug something in nothing works.. .when the shed itself is wired up.. no power at all goes to it.. not sure what to check now so any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Joe,

Are you using a multimeter to test for power? How many V are reading coming into the subpanel? How many V are you reading coming from the breaker in the subpanel? Let us know what you find.

Good luck, Jim

'Just a handyman trying to help'
    'Just a handyman trying to help'

Comment

Working...
    X
    =