Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeding UPS power into a wall

Hi

I have a UPS/Surge Protector located in one area of my basement and want to use it to power equipment in the home theater room. What is the name of the wall-plate/box that has a 120V "plug", so that I can use a short extension cord from that box to the Protector?

Thanks
    Paul

standard 120 volt wall polarized wall receptacle. how many amps or watts will the ups handle?

Comment

It will either be 750W of 1000W capacity.
      Don't I need a receptacle/faceplate with the three pins showing (on the side where the Protector is)?. I am not sure what that is called, but thought I had seen a posting on this forum before using one.

Comment

750 watts = 6.25 amps, 1000 watts = 8.33 amps. A UPS system will supply enough power to shut down a computer. It is not meant to provide standby power. For standby power you would be better off utilizing a TERADO inverter off 12 or 24 volt storage batteries.

Comment

Thanks. I'm not looking for long-term standby power, more just for the isolation and few minutes to turn off any equipment.
          Is there a special name for the outlet that has male pins?

Comment

its called a recessed male base.
            Leviton 5239 15 Amp, 125 Volt, NEMA 5-15P, 2P, 3W, Flanged Inlet Receptacle, Straight Blade, Commercial Grade, Grounding, Back Wired, Thermoplastic Nylon Strap, Black
            Last edited by HayZee518; 03-06-2010, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =