Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using fuse Panes As A Splice Box

Hi Guys

Is it permittrd to use the fuse panel to splice wire to two outlets.

We have two 220 outlets in different parts of the house. We have in mind ( if OK by code) to use a short 10guage from the 20amp 2pole breaker and use wire nut to branch-off to the 2 outlets.

Hope the explanation is clear.

Thanks in advance.

JoanK.

As long as the feeder line to the two outlets comes off the circuit breaker, yes, splicing in the panelbox is permitted. so what you'll have is two branch circuits off one breaker. only one set of wires is permitted to be installed on the breaker screws.

Comment

Thanks a million HayZee518. This will make it mush easier to keep the two outlets.

Thanks again

Comment

you don't have to increase the feeder to 10 ga., keep it at 12 ga. Three 12's under a red wirenut is tough enough.

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
          you don't have to increase the feeder to 10 ga., keep it at 12 ga. Three 12's under a red wirenut is tough enough.
          Hi HayZee518,

Lets see if I follow, we could use 12ga from the breaker then splice that to the two 10ga circuits

Comment

I didn't know you had two 10 ga circuits - then keep the 10 ga for a feeder. use red or even gray ideal wirenuts.

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
              I didn't know you had two 10 ga circuits - then keep the 10 ga for a feeder. use red or even gray ideal wirenuts.
              That make things clear, sorry for the slight confusion. Thanks again for the tips,

JoanK

Comment

Working...
              X
              =