Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New GFCI outlet won't reset

I'm installing two new GFCI outlets in the kitchen. The first was a snap, but it was the last (or only) outlet in series and did not require load connections - works great. The second one is one of 4 (?) in series, and has both line and load cables. When I hook it up, it will not reset. I can hold down the reset button, but it just clicks repeatedly and current won't flow to the appliance. (If I reverse the line/load wiring, the outlet is always on).

Any ideas? Thanks!

The GFI receptacle might be bad or make sure you check to make sure the wiring is correct. It sounds like there is a short circuit happening which will not allow the Reset switch to work.

Comment

I am just a DIY homeowner so I am far from an expert. But I had a similar problem at my house, for me the problem was that the outlet that I tapped into was already protected by a GFI outlet. I was just "down stream". From what I was told, you can not have 2 GFIs on the same circuit, they will conflict with each other. After I was told this I searched and did in fact find a GFI that controlled the outlet that I tapped into.

James

Comment

Working...
      X
      =