Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no power to outdoor receptacle

I have an outdoor receptacle on my back deck that stopped working. I pulled the cover and tested the wires and I have no power. All of my panel resets are on. I am not sure if there are any other plugs on this line. The pot lights that I have above the plug work but again, I don't know if they are on the same line. How can I find the problem?

check for another gfci further back from the deck. for some odd reason contractors and homeowners alike always pick a bathroom gfci.

Comment

Yep, a bathroom or half bath GFCI often in the past feed exterior outlets, my house was no different (I re ran all my exterior outlets from a dedicated separate circuit.
      The building inspectors here said that was standard practice in the past.
      Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
      Every day is a learning day.

Comment

The deck is off of the kitchen through a large patio door. There are no other outlets outside and all of the plugs in the kitchen are on and none of the outlets need to be reset. Same with all the GFCI in the bathroom. Where should I check next?

Comment

then check the outlets in the kitchen. the old code required any outlets within a six foot radius of the sink be gfci protected either individually or with a gfci breaker.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =