Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GFCI outlets

My GFCI outlets in my two bathrooms don't work. I cheked the breaker circuit box and its working properly, in my garage I have another gfci outlet and it wokrs fine.The weird thing is that I used an electric tester and I found that is not power in my bathrooms outlets, but the light switches both work just fine. Please any idea about what is happening.

rl.

Rene,

Welcome to the forum.

You need to find the GFCI that has tripped, it could be in the garage, kitchen, another bath or even outside. Once you reset it then the circuit will work.

It is alright that the lights are not on the same circuit.

Good luck, Jim

'Just a handyman trying to help'
    'Just a handyman trying to help'

Comment

Same thing happened to me try to reset gfci in your garage usually that is where they are located mine controls all 3 bathrooms usually when i use blow dryer or portable heater. I just go to the garage push button at outlet it will trip back on , if not the correct outlet try the others around the house. You have nothing to loose

Comment

Bath light are usually on a seperate circuit, that shouldn't have anything to do with it.
        Take the gfi's out of the workbox and check the wiring. Are you getting power to them?

Did you ever see OHM'S mother in LAW?...... SHOCKING!
        <i>Did you ever see OHM\'S mother in LAW?</i>...... <font color=\"red\">SHOCKING!</font id=\"red\">

Comment

Working...
        X
        =