Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Electric Wall Oven

I am replacing a traditional combo Stove/oven with an Electric wall oven and cook top. They will be in different locations in the kitchen...can I split the 220 circuit with a box and go to each appliance separately?[?]

quote:Originally posted by Dan White

I am replacing a traditional combo Stove/oven with an Electric wall oven and cook top. They will be in different locations in the kitchen...can I split the 220 circuit with a box and go to each appliance separately?[?]
    Alrighty then

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dan White

I believe the electrical code requires large fixed appliances (refrigerators, air conditioners, stoves, ovens, microwaves, dishwashers, etc.) to have their own individual circuit.

Alrighty then

Comment

yes it does but not in the case of a double oven if you were going to put one of those in you could put them on the same circuit, most houses we do with cooktops have double ovens, but if not then ignore my post

nate

Comment

It depends on the existing circuit that you want to tap off of and the requirements of the two new appliances.
          Traditionally, one piece ranges operated on 50 amps 220 volts. So if your new devices are a 30 amp cooktop and a 20 amp oven, then yes, you could put a sub panel where the original stove was. You would put a 50 amp main breaker in that and two branch breakers. A 20 for the oven and a 30 for the cooktop. From there you could then wire the new devices.
          However, if your combined draw is rated for MORE than what you have now, presumably 50 amps, you can not. In that case you have to bring at least one new circuit over from the main panel.

Did you ever see OHM'S mother in LAW?...... SHOCKING!
          <i>Did you ever see OHM\'S mother in LAW?</i>...... <font color=\"red\">SHOCKING!</font id=\"red\">

Comment

Working...
          X
          =