Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove paint stains and rusty spots from a floor tile.

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove paint stains and rusty spots from a floor tile.

We did some paint job on the balcony recently and some of the paint spilled on the tiled floor.
    Should have cleaned it quickly but we didn't - so ended up with some paint stains on the tiles.

Can you recomentd a solvent and the tools to get rid of the stains - tried to use the aceton but it didn't help much.
    If it could remove the rusty spots - that would be just great.

I have attached the pictures of the stained tiles.

Thanks for your time guys.

For paint spots you just can use some organic solvent such as alcohol or gas, for the rusty spots just I can say no way out but change new tile.

Comment

rusty spots...

Try Wink. It removes rust stains quite nicely. However, try it in an inconspicuous place to be sure it does not deteriorate the whole surface. And do NOT breath the fumes.

Comment

don't use gas it contains benzene and is a known carcinogen.

Comment

I mean petrol and I don’t know it contains benzene, I just know it will volatilize faster. For healthy reason just use Chinese Spirits.

Comment

This might seem like an expensive method, but pour some olive oil on the areas of the floor with paint on them and leave overnight (or about 24 hours). Then dip a towel or cloth in soapy water (like washing up liquid) and scrub the area clean. Should do the trick.
            A fool-proof furnace repair manual...

Comment

Working...
            X
            =