Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epoxy Coat Garage Floor

Anyone have any tips for prepping a garage floor for epoxy paint coating? Also does anyone have an recommended epoxy for garage floors? I live in upstate NY so we see all 4 seasons and the salt on the roads etc. 2 cars will be parked in the garage. I want to make sure I do the job correctly the first time. I have been watching lots of videos and thought I would reach out to others for any additional information.

Sure! To prep your garage floor for an epoxy coating, start by giving it a thorough cleaning to remove all dirt, grease, and stains. Use a degreaser for stubborn oil spots, and make sure to rinse and let the floor dry completely. Next, roughen up the surface with a concrete etching solution or a grinder to help the epoxy adhere better. Don’t forget to fill in any cracks or pits with a concrete repair filler and let it cure properly. If you want to be extra thorough, an acid wash can help if your concrete is very smooth or previously sealed, but make sure to rinse it well afterward. Once the floor is clean and dry, choose a high-quality epoxy designed for garage floors, and follow the application instructions carefully. For upstate NY’s climate, you'll need a high-quality epoxy that can withstand extreme temperatures and road salt. Look for a product that’s specifically designed for garage floors and offers resistance to chemicals and abrasions. Allow plenty of time for curing before using the space. With these steps, you should have a durable and long-lasting finish!

Comment

Working...
    X