Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor Service

I have been working for a locally owned business. The owner does all different types of floor coverings. I am venturing out on my own and need some advice on how to start. I need to know what tools are needed exactly and really any info on floor coverings. Please help, my boss taught me a few things but would not teach me everything. I know how to tack and pad and lay the carpet but that is where my training ended. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not quite sure where to direct you to really.Are you now in the installing business?Do you sell flooring?
    There are many orinazations out there that will train you but it does not come without a price C.F.I. would be one of those, you could join the union if there is one where you are at and they will train you over a 4 year period.
    You can pick up tools as you go when i was first starting out in construction i would buy about one thing a week until i had what i needed to do what i had to do.You would need to start out with your basic handtools and add on to it from there.
    Alot of sites have ongoing training modules that you can take but i think most of them are for journeymen floorlayers,i think you would need to hire on somewhere and get the traning from them and then venture out on your own[8D]

Floorman
    floorlayers union local 1310
    Floorman

Comment

I would still suggest that you find someone to work with until you can gain the klnowledge and the experience to venture out on your own successfully.I'm afraid at this point in time that you do not have the experience needed to try this out just yet.Find you someone who is willing to teach you and to train you properly in the different aspects of flooring and then you can give it a go on your own

Floorman
      Floorman

Comment

Working...
      X
      =