Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlevel 2nd Floor

I am supposed to close on a new house next week. This is a new home, yet I just noticed today that on the 2nd floor towards the middle of the hallway the floor starts to sag than level out. It's like where the beam is, on either side the floor is at a slightly different level. I talked to my builder and he said he had the engineer look at it and he said it was fine just a little sagging and that with carpet we'd hardly notice. I'm not sure what to do. I want it fixed of course but am not sure the best way to approach it. Should I still close or should i require it to be fixed first?

A sagging beam in a NEW home? I'm of the belief that if I pay full pric, then I get full quality. Cut the quality = cut the price. If it was an old home, that's understandable (to a point). But not on new construction. I'd get my own engineer (who's looking out for my interests!) to look it over. Even at that, I'd still want that whole house to be 'right'. You and your family will have to put up with that every time you walk across it for the rest of the time you own it. I doubt the builder would accept that quality in a house for his family, why should you for yours?

Comment

Working...
    X
    =