Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remove nails from concrete floor

Sorry for any protocol errors - I've never posted in any forum before. I have pulled up original carpet from 1980's bathroom to expose concrete floor. I know how to dig out & level concrete to stain now then tile later, the problem is the huge nails that are left in the concrete next to the walls. Apparantly the carpet tack strips were nailed into the concrete with huge nails somehow. Do I gouge them out? Can I "cut" them off even with the surface & leave them? It's a tiny bathroom & I thought an easy diy job, or so I thought... Any help or advice is appreciated. Beth

You can try to pull them out with a pair of side cutter pliers or a small cats paw. The nails that wont come out cut off or break with hammer.

Comment

cut off wheel.....

If you have access to a 'right-angle grinder, use a cut-off wheel. Fast, efficient and 'clean'. There's dust and stuff, but it's a neat and quick way of gettting them out of the way without chipping the 'crete. Needless to say, gloves, hearing, eye and skin protection should be used.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =