Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor suggestions

I've been charged with the task of fixing up the shit hole we like to call the basement of our fraternity. We've been given a $2000 budget for a number of neat little improvements that we can make. Right now there is a concrete tile floor that's filthy, stained, and cracked in some places. What I'm hoping for is a number of effective suggestions for cheap, durable, and easy to install flooring for our basement.

To give you an idea of the amount of abuse that it will be subject to, we regularly enjoy various beer drinking activities that results in a fair amount of brew being spilled all over, which is then moped up by a cleaning service within the week.

Following the remodeling we're hoping to be able to eat down there, so there will be tables and chairs being dragged across the floor frequently, with food/drink being spilled on it daily.

I don't have my heart set on anything as of yet, but a few ideas have come to mind:

-Vinyl tiling seems like an easy to install solution that offers a wide variety of patterns that we can ruin . If anyone knows of any good flooring dealers/ websites with good deals that would be helpful.

-I hear linoleum is tougher for amatuers to install... but I have it in my home and I love it.

-There is a possibility that we might be in violation of some kind of contract if we glue anything down over the existing floor, so perhaps rubber matting? Is that more/less expensive? more/less durable? really ugly? Input please...

Recap: What's your preferred flooring solution for the basement of a house full of roudy frat guys on a budget?
    Vinyl
    0.00%
    Rubber Matting
    0.00%
    Linoleum
    0.00%
    To Hell With It
    100.00%

The poll is expired.

Epoxy based paint like they put on a warehouse floor.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =