Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cement floor

would like to paint a cement floor. What type of paint should i use and any other info appreciated.

Joni,

Welcome to the forum. Where is the concrete floor? If it is the garage the best coating you can use is a two part epoxy paint. If the floor has already been painted then this may not be recommended. The floor has to be clean and bare for best results. It is more expensive $50 / gallon, smell really strong (respirator required for the painter) during application but is VERY durable and perfect for a garage. You can make it non slip by spreading silica sand before your first coat drys, then go over the top with your second coat. Check with your paint store for further tips.

If the floor is inside your house you either have to have lots of ventilation or go with a standard concrete paint, cheaper/ easier and almost always going to wear and or flake over time.

Good luck, Jim

'Just a handyman trying to help'
    'Just a handyman trying to help'

Comment

I used a two part water based epoxy and I am very pleased with the results. Purchased a kit(includes material and applicating tools, non slip additive, right down to rubber gloves and safety glasses.) Cleaned the heck out of floor with simple green, did the recommended acid wash and then coated the floor-while it was still damp. No down time between preparation and application, I love it. A moisture insensitive product that is easily cleanable and chemically resistant. Even comes with a warranty on peeling or lifting. The kit was $250, but the way the floor works and looks I think it was well worth every penny. Hope this gives you another option.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =