Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pine plank floors

One of my holiday weekend experiments was trying to remove what appears to be a single coat of old brown paint or stain from the pine plank floors of my 75-80 year old house. These were probably never great floors to start with but they are the original floors. I thought it would be fairly simple to use chemical paint remover on them. What seems to happen though is that either the paint/stain has soaked down into the wood or that the paint remover is softening up the planks too. I ended up gouging a couple of the planks pretty badly with a paint scraper. Am I stuck with sanding these floors? I did this once a long time ago and really have no desire to ever do it again if I don't have to.

for any type of floor makeover, sanding is the way to go. there may have been a stain applied and the paint applied as a cover up by previous owners.

Comment

Judging from what the chemical remover patch test looks like, I think I have to agree. It's time to retire my old belt sander and get a new one with a dust bag anyway.
      Last edited by tudor; 09-04-2007, 07:19 PM.

Comment

<hi>

Changzhou Xiangrong Decorate Material Co., Ltd.is manufacturing and designing laminated flooring accessories, including reducer, T-molding, stair-nose, quarter round (1/4 circle), end-cap, etc. Our factory is a professional manufacturer of decorative wood mouldings, for instance crown molding, skirting, etc. At present we have already built long-term business relations with some large laminated flooring manufacturers and agents, and the products also have a good market arond the world.

email:laminate-molding@hotmail.com

changzhou xiangrong decorated material ltd.
        Address: Henglin town, Changzhou city,
        Jiangsu province, China
        Tel: (86-519) 8721550
        Fax: (86-519) 8721722
        email:laminate-molding@hotmail.com
        site:xiangrongcn dot com
        msn:laminate-molding@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
        X
        =