Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travertine repair help...

Knocked over a bottle of 'CLR' that some idiot (me) sat on our smooth travertine floor. Cap was on and snug, so I didn't give it much thought at the time and went on about my business of scrubbing down the adjacent shower (ceramic, not travertine). A day later I find a silohuette of where the bottle laid. Obviously it had seeped.

The blemish does not appear deep, but you can feel the texture change running my fingers across the area. Looking for suggestions on how to restore the smooth finish. Assume I need to be buffing it, but with what?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks,
    Todd

ultra fine pumice and oil on a felt pad. try it on an inconspicuous area first.

Comment

oil?

HayZee,

Thanks for your recommendation. Figuring I'll be o.k. finding the pumice and felt, but not sure what to look for in the specific oil? Seems an oil would leave it's own 'mark', no? Hoping someone stocks it right next to the pumice, so it's a no brainer!

Obviously I'm novice at this. I saved some spare pieces from when I installed the floor. I'll sacrifice one for my practice work.

Thanks,
      Todd

Comment

Working...
      X
      =