Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at buying a flat roof house

I am looking at a house for sale that has a flat top roof. I don't know anything about these types so that is my biggest hesitation for this purchase. I haven't been up there yet so I don't know what it looks like or where the water goes or anything like that. I can't even tell if this kind of house has an attic? It looks like if it did, it wouldn't be large enough to even move around.
    Can you tell anything by these pictures? Is the roof even with the top of the shingle line or is it recessed a couple feet or what.
    I will have the hosue inspected before buying, but should I have a roofer look at it too? Anything else I should look at for these types of roofs?

Thanks

show us the pictures!

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
      show us the pictures!
      pictures....

Comment

Hello jameshudson
        It is a beautiful house. A reliable inspector such as InspectorD (member of the forum) will look at the roof as well as the rest of the house, and advise you on the roof.
        There have been new products introduced that will hold on a flat roof but back when the mansard roof was popular you couldn't expect more than 5 years out of a flat roof.
        Let us know how it turns out and thanks for the pictures!

Comment

Very nice!

Even if there were an attic, I'm the paranoid type that would keep it empty just so I could see clearly to do an occasional inspection for damp areas.

A good home inspector would know what he's looking at, so a roofer would be unnecessary. Be careful when you get a contractor to look at things like this. If you end up with a hack that assumes you are not comfortable with something, you could end up with more problems than you started with.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =