Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defeated by laminate flooring???

I'm nearing the end of my condo renovation project and, although I thought I was pretty handy, I've amazed myself at what I've tackled and succeeded with the help of everyone here.

Now it appears that the final step - laying the laminate floor - will defeat me.

I got so frustrated with the stuff that I reloaded the 30 boxes into my truck and took it back to the store!

Here's the problem: the boards are running perpendicular to the closet doors: how do I fit the boards around the moulding at the bottom? I can't cut the bottom of the jamb and slide the boards underneath because the boards need to be tilted in order to lock together. Same problem with attempting to cut the board in the shape of the jamb. I'm sure there must be an easy way that professionals do this... does anyone know the secret?

I'd appreciate any help on this final step.

You had it to start with, you need to cut the bottom of the jam , this time when you install the plank, you need your plank as close as you can to the jam, with a laminate block gently hit the end of the plank until it goes under the jam......you need to be very careful and gentle.
    Most big box stores sell the laminate blocks.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

There should be 8mm gam between jamb door and flooring for the expansion purpose.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =