Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installing floating floor. Problem around front door.

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing floating floor. Problem around front door.

This project went perfectly, until I got to "the door". That is, the front door. All other doors were a piece of cake. Actually, I'm pretty proud of how it came out, except ... take a look at the attached picture.

I can't seem to figure out how to remove the door threshold without having to remove the entire frame. The metal threshold looks like it's one piece. I've tried prying it up, but it doesn't budge. I've tried knocking it loose with my rubber mallet. It's doesn't move. There are no screws. I've looked at other people's thresholds. There are none that look like mine. When I ask people, they have no idea how to remove it either.

Hence, I come to you, the pros, for advice.

(Oh, and my wife says pay no attention to the apparent condition of the threshold. One thing at a time folks, one thing at a time ...)

That door looks to be around the wrong way, the threshold in your picture is the exterior side, from the look of the door jam that door must open outward.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

No, it opens inward. The main door is open, and the door you're seeing in the picture is the screen door.

Comment

See the black rubber strip on the top of the threshold? Pull that out. You'll probably tear it up getting it out, but so what. You'll want a new threshold anyway. Once it's out, you will see the screws that are holding it down.

Comment

Angle grinder , cut off that rolled over edge nice and straight. Bring your laminate up to the new edge (1/4" away) and use trim to cover the gap and allowing expansion.
          Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
          Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =