Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpet Repair help.

Today my dogs decided to rip some of my carpet apart. It is right at a seam where 1 room meets the hallway in a door way along with a couple inches on both sides of the door way along the walls. They ripped it apart at the seam and then also put a rip in it about 1 foot long perpendicular to the the seam and ripped up some of the padding underneath. What is the best way to go about repairing this or am I better off calling a carpet service place to have them fix it? I can't afford to replace the carpet in the enitre room right now so I'm trying to find a fix for it. Once I find my camera I'll get some pics to help show my problem but maybe this beauty will help.

Have you tried carpet seaming tape?
    Is it beer thirty??

Comment

No I haven't. Can't say I've heard of it. Where would one find that at?

Comment

Lowe's and HD sell the tape in their respective flooring departments, in the carpet section near the floor strips.
        It's not going to solve any "loose" ends so your going to have to trim the carpet up some or your dogs will see that as more fun waiting to happen.
        Your basically going to put the tape under the carpet at the tear and heat the top up with an iron, it will melt the glue on the tape onto the back of the carpet, kinda like hot glue.
        Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
        Every day is a learning day.

Comment

I'm not sure tape is going to fix this.

Comment

Your right I think you'd be chasing your tail trying to fix that with seaming tape, even if you did it would be very temporary. I think if your looking for some sort of longer term repair without carpet replacement then simply stapling back down the tear might be a better option.
            However if this needs to be a longer term repair then you'd be well advised to contact a carpet installer, they may well be able to take some carpet from inside a closet where it's not so noticeable and cut it into this area and seam tape it down.

Comment

Originally posted by pushkins View Post
              Your right I think you'd be chasing your tail trying to fix that with seaming tape, even if you did it would be very temporary. I think if your looking for some sort of longer term repair without carpet replacement then simply stapling back down the tear might be a better option.
              However if this needs to be a longer term repair then you'd be well advised to contact a carpet installer, they may well be able to take some carpet from inside a closet where it's not so noticeable and cut it into this area and seam tape it down.
              Thanks! That's kinda what I was figuring what was going to have to happen. I went to the local carpet store today and talked with them about it. They are suppose to get back to me about it. In reality the carpet needs to be replaced. Not sure what that would cost though.

Comment

Cost to replace is easy, length x width = square feet needed x carpet cost + installation (Lowe's offer $39 and I think HD are matching it)

Lowe's have carpet from about .80 cents /square foot.

Comment

Working...
                X
                =