Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpet doesn't meet the wall.

Hello,
    So, my in-laws bought my fiance and i a house.... a house i thought was way over priced and has obviously been recently redone. They didn't use tape when they painted, shower door doesn't fit etc etc.
    Anyways! I was painting the baby's room and welll...i can't believe I didn't see it before but the carpet on one wall is very odd. Right in the middle of the wall there's suddenly a large about 2 feet in length and at least a 2 inch wide gap. It's like who ever cut the carpet suddenly decided to not stay straight.

I'm pretty crafty and i don't know what to do about this, short of replacing the whole carpet of course.

A carpet layer would probably be able to stretch that back to the wall, it sounds like it came off or was taken off the tack strip.
    You can rent the knee stretcher from most rental places for around $20 if you want to try it yourself.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Small gap

Hi,
      As the gap is not that big,stretching like said above would probably work.
      good luck to you
      Anna

Comment

Re: Carpet doesn't meet the wall

If it doesn't meet the wall then replacing the carpet is the only thing you can do...

Comment

Working...
        X
        =