Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP GE Blower Motor 5KCP39PG V623CS

Hi,

I have a Bryant furnace and the blower motor had to be replaced. Since this is my first time on furnace repair, I marked (I thought I did) every wiring from the blower motor to circuit board. Bought new blower, when connecting, I noticed that the red wire, I had not marked. Looked at the board schematic and I it says Spare! Does this mean I don't need to connect the red??

Please see attachments

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Originally posted by kkashi View Post
    Hi,

I have a Bryant furnace and the blower motor had to be replaced. Since this is my first time on furnace repair, I marked (I thought I did) every wiring from the blower motor to circuit board. Bought new blower, when connecting, I noticed that the red wire, I had not marked. Looked at the board schematic and I it says Spare! Does this mean I don't need to connect the red??

Please see attachments

THANKS IN ADVANCE
    You can only use two speeds on the blower motor So you have to put the speed you want for heating on the heat post. and the speed you want for cooling on the cool post. If it is a 3 or 4 speed motor then the other two speeds are on the spare post. Your wiring diagram shows the red not being used so it was on the spare post, Blue was on heating, and black was on cool. Red is low speed blue is med. low and black is hi speed. This is how we change the speeds by moving the wires around . Like if you wanted to slow the blower down then you would put blue on spare and move red to heat, then the blower would run at lower speed on heating. Paul

Comment

That was sooooo helpful and I thank you much for your reply. I have it turned on and it works great and your reply just put me at ease.

Comment

Originally posted by kkashi View Post
        That was sooooo helpful and I thank you much for your reply. I have it turned on and it works great and your reply just put me at ease.
        Glad you got going. Paul

Comment

Working...
        X
        =