Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furnace Question

Hi

I live in an apartment so I have called maintence, but they take FOREVER!!!

Ever since lastnight, my furnace has been making the "clicking" noise that it usually makes when it first starts up (which I believe is the ignition?)

The furnace is working like it should, but I'm worried that if it keeps igniting, it could cause some type of fire. Should I be worried?

It is a constant clicking (about every 3 seconds) It does it while the heat is going and when its not.

Thanks for any suggestions!!!

Originally posted by saramwks View Post
    Hi

I live in an apartment so I have called maintence, but they take FOREVER!!!

Ever since lastnight, my furnace has been making the "clicking" noise that it usually makes when it first starts up (which I believe is the ignition?)

The furnace is working like it should, but I'm worried that if it keeps igniting, it could cause some type of fire. Should I be worried?

It is a constant clicking (about every 3 seconds) It does it while the heat is going and when its not.

Thanks for any suggestions!!!
    Its not going to start a fire. Probably needs the pilot cleaned. Its not grounding out to turn it off. the service man can check it so don't worry. Paul

Comment

Hi,

It sounds to me that you have an older style furnace with electric ignition that keeps trying to light. This is a high voltage spark that will light the burners to get the unit fired up. To me it seemss that the unit is not proving flame and is trying to relight. As the last response said you are fine, its probably just more of an annoyance than anything.

Hope this helps,
      Chicago Heating And Air Conditioning Repair Service
      Last edited by brettyg; 06-12-2011, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =