Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, help please

Ok im very new to this fixing home stuff anywho. My AC is made by comfortmaker. Comfortmaker is installed by independent contractors. Soooo, how do i find out if my warranty is still good or if i have one.When we bought the house they just got a new AC like the week before, it was apart of our agreement to buy it. i came home today to a it broek and looked everywhere to contact ComortMaker but i couldnt find anything other then contractors numbers. Does this mean i will find out through them some how with my serial num or what. Im so confused

Originally posted by ImAdummy View Post
    Ok im very new to this fixing home stuff anywho. My AC is made by comfortmaker. Comfortmaker is installed by independent contractors. Soooo, how do i find out if my warranty is still good or if i have one.When we bought the house they just got a new AC like the week before, it was apart of our agreement to buy it. i came home today to a it broek and looked everywhere to contact ComortMaker but i couldnt find anything other then contractors numbers. Does this mean i will find out through them some how with my serial num or what. Im so confused
    Comfortmaker Air Conditioning & Heating You will have to find a dealer and have your no's. and date installed. The equipment should have been registered
    but it would only be warranted under the first owner so that could kill it. But your contractor should be able to run it through. So see if you can find who put it in. Did they leave a name sticker on the equipment? Paul

Comment

ill check for a name. You mean an actual name like a company name not aname like john bob or sally right. And yes, it was installed before we moved in but it may have been installed under my name but i have no idea. Will any contractor be able to find all then info when he runs it through the system or does it have to be the same contractor. And if they do find it would they be able to find all the info i need or willl i be lacking something because im dont know if i have any paper work on it.Thank

Comment

Originally posted by ImAdummy View Post
        ill check for a name. You mean an actual name like a company name not aname like john bob or sally right. And yes, it was installed before we moved in but it may have been installed under my name but i have no idea. Will any contractor be able to find all then info when he runs it through the system or does it have to be the same contractor. And if they do find it would they be able to find all the info i need or willl i be lacking something because im dont know if i have any paper work on it.Thank
        I put stick on sticker on the furnace of my bus. name and the phone no. So people will call use for service, Most heating dealers i know do this. I put the install date on the sticker also. I can call my wholesaler and he can check who a ser. no is registered to on my equipment. I would think that any dealer that sell your equipment could be able to warrant it. All you should need is the model and serial no's. paul

Comment

Comfortmaker is a brand that is sold by Johnstone suppliers all over the country. I only know the number of the one in Chicago but you can all teh number is 7734862525. Give them model and serial and they can assist you. On the serial number there should be a date embedded within it. This will be the manufactured date of the unit. If there was no install date of teh unit they will go by six months after date manufactured. The normal warranty on ac unit is 5 years parts, 10 years compressor and coils.

Hope this helps,
          Chicago Heating And Air Conditioning Repair Service
          Last edited by brettyg; 06-12-2011, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =