Technician misdiagnosis

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • tkolarik
    New Member

    • Mar 2011
    • 5

    #1

    Technician misdiagnosis

    I asked a company to check my system, the tech they send out said my compressor was bad and it would cost me $1080 to repair. However, when he replaced the compressor the system still does not work.

    Should I be obligated to pay them?
  • paul52446m
    Journeyman

    • Nov 2009
    • 690

    #2
    Originally posted by tkolarik
    I asked a company to check my system, the tech they send out said my compressor was bad and it would cost me $1080 to repair. However, when he replaced the compressor the system still does not work.

    Should I be obligated to pay them?
    That is one for the courts to handle. I am a heating dealer and if me or my service man made this mistake, i would take my loses and fix the unit. I am a dealer with a good name so i would have to do the right thing. It would never go to court with it. Paul

    Comment

    Trending

    Collapse

    • hawkins111
      Laser 730 over firing
      by hawkins111
      Has anyone had an occurrence of a Laser 730 or 731 over firing?
      The top of the heat chamber and the heat exchanger glow red on high when this occurs....
      11-12-2024, 10:29 AM
    • 911Restoration
      Fireplace Woes
      by 911Restoration
      Lit our fireplace for the first time this season last night and the whole living room filled with smoke, alarm went off. Chimney was cleaned last year...
      09-22-2026, 03:14 PM
    Working...