Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hopefully not a real dumb question about ductwork

Hi, I am wanting to take some round metal ductwork back apart. I don't mean at the connection points, but actually apart as in round becomes flat sheet metal again. I removed all the overhead ductwork because I now have wall heating units. I don't want to just throw them away because the sheet metal might be useful another day on another project maybe, and sheet metal isn't cheap these days This way I can flatten them out for easier storage. Any suggestions?

Originally posted by radstorm View Post
    Hi, I am wanting to take some round metal ductwork back apart. I don't mean at the connection points, but actually apart as in round becomes flat sheet metal again. I removed all the overhead ductwork because I now have wall heating units. I don't want to just throw them away because the sheet metal might be useful another day on another project maybe, and sheet metal isn't cheap these days This way I can flatten them out for easier storage. Any suggestions?
    This may sound funny to you, but lay a 6" round pipe on the floor with the joint facing up. Take the side of your hand and hit it in the middle of the pipe with the your hand pointed the long way of the pipe. most of the time it will pop apart. Paul

Comment

I will give that a shot. Thanks Paul, thought I'd have to have some special tool for it

Comment

Working...
      X
      =