Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blower motor stops after a few minutes

Hello, ive been trying to get my a/c to work for a couple weeks now, ive made some progress but keep running into problems. The outside unit wouldnt come on, I got it wired correctly to come on, then it wasnt pushing enough air out of my vents, I did some checking found my a coil was horribly clogged got that cleaned and getting awesome air flow. Now though the blower motor stops after a few minutes of running. Ive pulled it out and cleaned the wheel and vacuumed the dust off the motor, I purchased a new run capacitor hoping that was the problem, but no it still turns off after a few minutes. The motor spins freely and I cant find out any more info from searching on what to check. I dont want to buy a new motor if I dont have to, I dont have any money which is why ive been doing all this my self. Its getting really hot out and I have a 3 kids and a wife to keep cool if theres any help some one can give me it will be much appreciated.

the model number on the blower housing is 901998 and the model of the furnace is mgha-05abfc-02 its a nordyne. The numbers on the motor are 5kcp39hg,r025s and cpn 621323d

Hope this is enough info for some help thanks alot.

Do you have access to a multimeter ? if so you should check across the motor leads for a bad winding or a short to ground. also is the motor growling or humming when it stops or just dying out and silent ?

Comment

Yes, I can have a multimeter in a few days, the motor goes silent when it quits. Actually it spins very very slowly when it quits.
      Last edited by dkent2; 05-09-2011, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Did some more digging around and came across a 3 position rocker switch labeled on,off,fan. when I switch this switch to fan my blower stays on, how ever with the ac on it does seem to drop to a lower speed for a few minutes but then speeds back up.

Comment

Working...
        X