Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My house is a HUMID OVEN

I live in a two story 1700sq ft home, on Long Island, NY. The house has a partial basement (the basement is only under about one third of the house). Two years ago I installed new installation and two attic fans, the house is still a humid oven all Summer long! My house faces the north and has shade only on the east. I cant understand why the house is incredibly humid and an inferno! The heat literally feels trapped in the house and i cant open any windows because it just lets more hot air in. We have air conditioners only in the three bedrooms There is wood flooring and tile mainly in the home aside from the bedrooms. Could there be mositure causing humidity comin up from the concrete slab?? I do have a water problem in the basement every time it rains. There are walls everywhere you turn, the house is anything BUT an open floor plan. My neighbor has the exact same house , minus basement, and her house is cool with no AC. Any suggestions on who I can call to help me with this problem, inspector, engineer?? I am at a complete loss and running out of ideas, any suggestions.
Working...
X
=